Dentists often have questions about using new restorative products when they are introduced to the market. This trend has continued with BruxZir®, Crown Dental Studio's extremely strong, monolithic zirconia crown built for the posterior. The following are some of our most frequently asked questions:
Can I adjust BruxZir?
Yes. Use a fine grit diamond with water and air spray to keep the restoration cool and avoid micro-fractures. If using air only, use the lightest touch possible when making adjustments. A football shaped bur is the most effective for occlusal and lingual surfaces; a tapered bur is the ideal choice for buccal and lingual surfaces.
What is the proper polishing protocol?
Polish BruxZir restorations with the porcelain polishing system of your choice.
How do I cut off a BruxZir restoration?
• When cutting through zirconia it is important to use copious amounts of water.
• Use light pressure when cutting the zirconia to avoid damaging the underlying tooth structure.
• Use a new diamond to make a clean cut up the buccal surface extending onto the occlusal surface.
• Use a crown spreader to fracture the crown and break the cement layer.
Can I do endo through BruxZir?
• Yes. A new, fine round diamond should be used with copious amounts of water for initial endodontic access.
• Use light pressure. Let the diamond do the work.
• Do not be overly aggressive.
Learn more about BruxZir.